Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have been victim of an emotional scam. He did not get much

Customer Question

Hello, I have been victim of an emotional scam. He did not get much money from me but he profited from my situation and used me to com to Dublin from Barcelona. But the phycological pressure and harassment in me has been very hard. I have the impression that he wanted something more from me but I pushed the situation and I think he realized and now he has desapegares. But I am a little afraid as I am in Dublin alone, no family no friends and no job because he told me not to work. I am strong but I really don’t know where to ask if I have a little support or is there any place I can go to report. He was Dutch and I am Spanish. Could you inform me? Many thanks,
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Well, we met in Barcelona but now I am in Dublin. I am trying to get a job here and forgetb
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: and forget this bad experience.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: well, the worse was that I felt like I was guilty of everything. Lately he lied to me constantly. He had no money in Barcelona so that is why he profit from me to come here. I only need a little support concerning if I can be protected. My family doesn’t know anything yet. And I don’t want to inform them by now. When I recover it will be better
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  MARCUS Malin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Can I ask what are you looking to achieve. What do you want - do you need help to get away and return to Spain?

Do you still require assistance. I would be only to happy to assist you.

Marcus