Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

A criminal allegation has been, made against me in Ireland.

Customer Question

A criminal allegation has been, made against me in Ireland. Currently in the U.K any advice?
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: I have no idea, they just wanted to talk to me. We spoke over the phone. All they said was a serious allegation was made.
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Ireland
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 days ago.

1. As you are probably aware, an allegation only results in a prosecution once it has been the subject of a formal complaint to the Gardaí. Has this person made a complaint to the Gardaí? Or are they likely? What is the nature of the allegation? What are the facts you have available to you to rebut the allegation? Where did the facts occur, in Ireland or the UK? Has much time elapsed since the alleged offence?