Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
23403904

I ordered a Moped online form a UK store, their website

I ordered a Moped online form a UK store, their website clearly stated they deliver to Northern and Southern Ireland and the delivery costs. I paid tey took my payment and delivery costs and confirmed my order. The next day they are sent an email saying their courier doesn't deliver to Ireland and they are giving me a refund. I did not get any choice and I don't want a refund I want the Moped. I can't even order from somewhere else as I wont get the money back for 3 - 5 working days. Do I have any options surely this is very misleading
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I am in Ireland and no i have not seeked legal advice
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried to call the Shop but the person says they can't give any information its just a sale line and to just send an email to support
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just is it worth pursuing? I have sent an email to their support, I'd like to know is there an obligation on their part to deliver it to me as it states on their website they do deliver to where I am

Good afternoon, I am sorry to say that it is not worth pursuing. Aside from the jurisdictional issues, the hassle, cost and expense of bringing any action would be prohibitive. Would you consider obtaining your own courier to deliver the moped to you if this is an option?

Happy to help, I hope you get your moped!