Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
23403904

Appeal a decision of the solicitor's disciplinary tribunal

appeal a decision of the solicitor's disciplinary tribunal to the high court out of time
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: waterford ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes appeal was logged however papers were lost and appealed for an extension which was not granted
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the appeal is against the decision of the display tribunal and the appeal was not granted and even though the solicitor was in court with barrister am i liable for costs

Good afternoon. What did the judge order?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
as the original motion was seemly lost by the central office it did not go to a judge
it was only the president of the high court reviewing and did not grant the appeal
Did he award costs? Did you take up a copy of his order?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi he did award costs against me but did not give me any copy and this was over 6 months ago and I have not heard anything since or received anything
Okay, in that event you are liable for costs but they may not seek to enforce them against you.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
i don't understand can i get a copy of the order as sounds like they could still seek cost at anytime
you can take up a copy of the order from the Central Office at any time. This office is on the ground floor of the Four Courts. Unfortunately they could still seek their costs at any time in the years to come but by the sounds of things it is unlikely that these will be very high.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am afraid anything is possible as this is a very dodgy solicitor there was also collusion with another solicitor which is it makes had to take a case of misconduct against another solicitor is there any solicitors firm outside Ireland that deal with misconduct?
Unfortunately it is almost impossible to find a solicitor specialising in Irish law that isn’t based here. That said, there are many good and honest solicitors in Ireland, you just have to find one that is willing to take the case.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
can you recommend any?

I could not say who might take this case, but I would look for a solicitor in a different geographical area to the one you have complained about.