Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
23403904

I was at the rtb and they have unfairly sided with the

Hi I was at the rtb and they have unfairly sided with the landlord. I had proof of very poor living standard e.coli, cauliforms in the water. Mold and severe under floor leaks. She upped the rent from €425 to €750. We had been living there since 2014 we moved a month ago.
She had promised work would get done with the extra money but it didnt.
I had all my proof documents to say water and mould unsafe levels pictures of dirty water mould and severe leaks. She had no evidence to back up her claim of "fixing things". I needed proof evidence. Why didnt she?

You have the option to appeal the decision, have you done this yet?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They have said it would be the high court and a lot of people have said that's mega money which we don't have
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We were hoping there mite be another route?

So have you had the original hearing and then an appeal already?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yeah my next step would be the high court that's that rtb said when I went to appeal the decision

Unfortunately there is no alternative to a court appeal in the event that you have exhausted the PRTB appeals process.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
my only move would be high court

Unfortunately, once the appeals process has been exhausted the only other option is Court.

I know that this is disappointing to hear.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok could you recommend yourself or another to help us proceed?
By way of judicial review of the decision?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
To look into bringing the landlord to the high court to see would it be a winnable case.
I deal with a lot of judicial reviews and must advise that it is very costly. Have you moved out of her house?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
we moved last month it took quite a while to find a house but we are gone from there
I do not think that a judicial review would give you the outcome that you are hoping for as it is a review of the decision of the RTB, not a rehearing of the case.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I was shocked that they sided with her. All her evidence was hear say she had no documents to back up clean water, or Bill's on getting work done.
I had over a 100 pages of all my evidence, lab reports, plumbers, pictures and a jar of the water itself which you can see chunks floating in. Where was her proof. I needed to provide proof

It does sound like you had a terrible time of it. My advice would be to move on and never think about this horrible stress again. I hope you have a lovely new landlord!

Please would you be so kind as to rate my answers?