SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Would my permission to remain given to me through asylum be

Customer Question

Would my permission to remain given to me through asylum be revoked if i travelled back to my home country?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will wait for an answer
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 3 months ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. If you are still holding refugee status travel documents and you are still classed as a refugee then it would, you should avoid travelling back until you have acquired citizenship. When you apply for citizenship they will check with your home country embassy if you have applied or a passport since your refugee status. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But my question is i am not holding refugee status, they gave me permission to remain

If your status is a refugee and you have not secured your indefinite leave or acquired citizenship you should not travel back to your home country yet because you have been granted protection from the same country you are now wanting to go back to.