How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 5641
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Would my permission to remain given to me through asylum be

Customer Question

Would my permission to remain given to me through asylum be revoked if i travelled back to my home country?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will wait for an answer
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 2 years ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. If you are still holding refugee status travel documents and you are still classed as a refugee then it would, you should avoid travelling back until you have acquired citizenship. When you apply for citizenship they will check with your home country embassy if you have applied or a passport since your refugee status. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But my question is i am not holding refugee status, they gave me permission to remain
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 2 years ago.

If your status is a refugee and you have not secured your indefinite leave or acquired citizenship you should not travel back to your home country yet because you have been granted protection from the same country you are now wanting to go back to.