Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
23403904

I have a barring order against my husband in lieu of a legal

I have a barring order against my husband in lieu of a legal separation at the time I had legal aid but then was deemed financially ineligible, I could not afford then to proceed with the legal separation and most private solicitors would not take me on as they said I couldn’t it, does he have a case?
When you ask if he has a case, what sort of case do you mean? A case for divorce?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Does he have a case to appeal the barring order, as he is saying the barring order is illegal, as I couldn’t move forward with the legal separation
If papers were filed at that time and the court made an order, I do not see where he is coming from. How long ago was it?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It was two yrs ago, I have just not had the financial means to move forward, as he does not pay child support and I support our children and home on my own
How long was the order given for?
Just because you couldn’t move forward does not invalidate the order. If he tries to breach it, call the gardai IMMEDIATELY
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The order was until a legal seperation was finalized
Well then it’s still valid. Tell him to sling his hook and if he breaches it that the gardai will be called. He can move the proceedings forward himself if he wants but for now the order stands.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
He has breached the order several times that is why he is trying to get the order thrown out
Call the gardai. I can’t say this enough, make sure your local Garda station has a copy of the order and do NOT HESITATE to call them if he breaches it. Every time you allow him to breach it you weaken your position!
His breaches only help to strengthen the position that you needed the order in the first place but if you continue to tolerate them then you compromise yourself
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thankyou I understand, there is a case coming up, any time he breaches the order he threatens me I’m pushing hard with the Gardi at present
Yes, you really must insist that they do their job and keep records of the breaches along with copies of any messages he sends.
Please would you be so kind as to rate my answer?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I will indeed and thankyou