Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
23403904

Can I get a copy of a will or legal administrative document

Customer Question

Can I get a copy of a will or legal administrative document with my name on document under FOI act?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I know such a document exists as I have seen it, I had a copy on file but my hard drive was lost and so was file
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It is in relation to my son and who will have guardianship of him in the event of the applicants and my passing.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This was created by my son's mother without my knowledge. It names my mother, sister and I in the document. I also know from which legal firm it was created by. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
That is ok, I can wait, Thank you.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 15 days ago.

Good morning. Do you benefit under the will and is the person still alive?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It is not in relation to assets but in relation to who will have guardianship to my son in the event of mothers passing and mine.

If you are not a beneficiary of the will, you are not entitled to see a copy of it. It is also not possible to find out which solicitor actually holds the will.

Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 11 days ago.
Has that answered your question?