Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

If a person had been drink driving in Ireland and

Customer Question

Hi, if a person had been drink driving in Ireland and breathalysed and was just 1 point above the legal limit(it was on the lowest end of the scale for an experienced driver)and was a first offence, this person was give a 3 month driving ban. This person never had any previous convictions of any kind and is a family man with young children with a full time job, his place of work is a long distance away. A guilty plea had not yet been made. According to Irish law what are the chances of an appeal being successful?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, if a person had been drink driving in Ireland and breathalysed and was just 1 point above the legal limit(it was on the lowest end of the scale for an experienced driver)and was a first offence, this person was give a 3 month driving ban. This person never had any previous convictions of anykind and is a family man with young children with a full time job, his place of work is a long distance away. A guilty plea had not yet been made. According to Irish law what are the chances of an appeal being successful and the ban being overturned?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 13 days ago.

Actually this is outside of my jurisdiction.

I will opt out for others.

Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 10 days ago.

Good morning, hopefully I can help. Has this matter already been to court? If so when was this?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, this matter has not yet been to court.

Okay, were you issued with any penalty notices or just a summons?