Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

How does a golf club comply with 2014 companies act, It is

Customer Question

how does a golf club comply with 2014 companies act
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It is in ireland
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: The club is registered with Cro and has made all statutory returns. i am interested in the election of officers. at the moment the members elect the officers from the floor of the AGM. Some directors now claim that the directors must do it from within the board of directors
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 14 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 14 days ago.

1. There is no requirement that the directors of a limited company must be appointed by the directors. Instead, under section 144, it is provided that the first directors should be appointed by the general meeting of a company, with subsequent directors also being appointed by general meeting with provision for the directors to appoint other directors should they see fit. So, once the initial directors are appointed, then subsequent directors may be appointed by general meeting or the directors may appoint other directors should they see fit. But there is no requirement that the directors MUST appoint them. Additionally, a directors term as a director only lasts until the subsequent general meeting when they must put themselves up for re-election.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 14 days ago.

2. Thank you for using the website. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website despite answering your question.