Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My son died and i bought a grave and monument etc 2yrs

Customer Question

my son died and i bought a grave and monument etc 2yrs ago,recently it was brought to my attention that an aunt of his has added his name etc on an existing headstone of her family,purporting that my son is buried there ,20 miles from where we buried him,thid is causing my family great stress and anguish,can i force her to remove it,
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i live in southern ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: initally i just want to know my rights ,i bought and paid for my sons funeral,i spent thousands on a memorial stone,now im asked by people ;where is your son buried,
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
yes im happy to wait for you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i can wait
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i am still waiting for a reply,i have not had my query addressed yet,what is the problem???????
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?