Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
23403904

Woke up being a hit by a girl I was seeing, she accused me

Customer Question

Woke up being a hit by a girl I was seeing, she accused me of cheating after she went through my phone, I yelled to stop, kept pushing her off me, she bit me, kicked me and grabbed my testicles, I was pushed and shoved while I was trying to grab my keys as I tried to get away, I ran to the bathroom all the time being pushed , shoved , entered the bathroom and was pushed up against then sink, locked the door and asked her to stop shouting , when I came out she was waiting and had to push her away into her room mates room , once again tried to look for my keys , she kept trying to hit me and at one point we clashed heads hitting her in the nose and drawing blood , I attempted to grab a wet towel and give to her but this was received with aggression, found my keys and ran out the door into my car, now she is saying that she is going to the Gardaí ,I’m at wits end, I was only trying to defend myself
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 8 days ago.

Good morning, have you been to the doctor to document your own injuries? Do you think she will follow through? Have you considered making your own complaint?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
She said she is going today, visited the station and was told to think about it first and seek legal advice

Have you been to the doctor to document your own injuries? Have you considered making your own complaint?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes , considered but will wait till she does it first I think

Okay, well in those circumstances, make sure you have documented proof for the gardai of the injuries that she inflicted upon you. It doesn't even sound like you struck her in self defence, it sounds as if you were trying to flee and that any contact that you made with her was accidental!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you , and yes it was 100% in self defence , I just would love to drop it, but if she makes a complaint I should make one too, I just don’t want both of us to be charged, especially when I feel like I was in the wrong

Physical assault is illegal and if she assaulted you first, it is worth noting, however I completely understand your position.