Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Is the term animal physiotherapist protected by law in

Is the term animal physiotherapist protected by law in Ireland? Can a non-veterinarian, trained in animal massage and physiotherapy techniques legally work in ireland? Thanks?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. No, the term "animal physiotherapist" is not protected by law in Ireland. Nor is there such a qualification known to the law in Ireland. Accordingly, anyone can call themselves an "animal physiotherapist" and provide services of this nature in Ireland. There is no need to have a veterinarian qualification nor are non veterinarians prevented from holding themselves out as animal physiotherapists. So, a non veterinarian trained in animal massage and physiotherapy techniques can legally work in Ireland as an animal physiotherapist.

2. Thank you for using the website. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website despite answering your question.