frantzgregory
frantzgregory,
80411141

My manager, when I asked a second opinion on a ticket, asked

Hi. My manager, when I asked a second opinion on a ticket, asked me to ask everyone on the team, which I find a bit humiliating. If it's just to help, I understand. If it's for other reasons, the only word I have for this is bullying. I'm still waiting for the development of things to fully understand what is going on. It's already the second time it happens. What would be the best advise?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No, it's the first time I'm discussing this with anyone. As I'm on probation, I don't want to raise many waves. Unfortunately, I'm not in position to pay for a lawyer.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I'm a full time employee for an outsourcing company. No, I don't belong to an union.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No problem. In the meantime, today, at work, I heard a conversation between my manager and a workmate that seemed to be in order to ask someone to leave because the person doesn't speak much. As I spend most of my time silent and I'm still in probation, it's easy to get rid of me. If I heard right it's quite disturbing.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your query today.

Regardless if an employee is on a probationary period or not, no one should feel as though they are being bullied. First of all, I would look into whether you were being bullied because of a protected characteristic. This would include race, disability, religion or belief. You can find an extensive list on the Government website http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/section/4. If you have a protected characteristic, then discrimination may be taking place and this would be a more serious infringement.

If there is no protected characteristic, I would advise that you inform HR in writing that you feel bullying is taking place. Steps should be taken to ensure there is no bullying within the workplace and should prevent this from continuing.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you.

frantzgregory,
Experience: