How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 3382
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I was born and worked in N.ireland until I was 37, I went to

Customer Question

I was born and worked in N.ireland until I was 37, I went to south Africa and worked for 29 years. Can I claim pension I returned to Ireland in april 2019 at the age of 66
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No I am living in co.Kerry since I returned to ireland
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: i am unemployed since a year before i left south Africa, i was a construction manager in construction of power plants
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 months ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 6 months ago.
Have you been in contact with your local social welfare office?