Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
23403904

I am registered Nurse working in a nursing home.. Recently

Customer Question

I am registered Nurse working in a nursing home . I am From India. Recently in my work place I was asked to do night shifts after being reported many times that I am unable to do nights. I requested my DON to change, but she literally roared at me saying that I have to do because she is short staffed . Thus I got my GP letter stating that I am unable to do nights as it affects my health ( because I have done nights for two years there already but I was so afraid that I may lose my job if get a letter from GP back then coz I was on a 2 year’s contact with them ) Though I said many times verbally I had to work nights and days for that 2 years and finally DON took me off from nights for last 6 months.When I submitted the GP letter she literally roared at me that she won’t accept the letter. I didn’t say a word I just left the room crying.Next day she left a letter for me saying that GP letter is not acceptable that the company will accept only a consultant ‘s letter .And This Friday when I was back to work she did not say a word but at 12 o clock she told me the Area manager is here to talk to you .When I went in to the office DON Area Manager And CNM was there .Area manager told me if I cannot do nights I am not at the right job . I try to explain them that put me for 6 days shift in a week but I cannot do nights cause I have sleeping problems.
She kept on saying that I am not at the right job if I cannot do nights .She added Hairdressers have the flexible hours, indirectly telling me I may go and do that job .Same time my DON told me “ you should go back to India if you cannot do nights “I couldn’t say anything as I was so afraid to say anything.I feel so upset
I reported this to INMOBut I feel that this is racism and bullying. What could I do
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 months ago.

Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon, are you still looking for help with this? If so please let me know and I will respond.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Am I correct in saying that you have worked there for two years?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been working there for the last three years . But I have done night shifts for two years whenever they needed.
are you on a work permit?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My status has been changed to Stamp 4
And I am on critical skills permit

Okay, and on what date can you apply to change your status to a straight Stamp 4? I.e. when did you get your first CSP?

Are you still looking for help with this?