How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Eagle Your Own Question
Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 273
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Legal Eagle is online now

Can I sell a property without a legal separation, if the

This answer was rated:

Can I sell a property without a legal separation, if the title deeds are in my name only
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: i have Title deeds
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: ireland
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband and I are separated 18mts + but the property is registered to me only

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Please cancel my question and my registration

If you are still looking for help with this, I can answer this question?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Okay, so when you sell a property, whether you are the sole registered owner or not, you have to sign a Family Home Declaration. Your husband will almost certainly have to sign it also and so technically you would need his consent to do this.

Did you ever live there together as a married couple?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yes in that home

Okay, then you will definitely need his consent as it is classed as a Family Home. I know this is very inconvenient. Is he consenting?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
At the moment no
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
He lives overseas

That is very inconvenient as without consent it is a matter of going to court to resolve. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No thank you for the help.

My pleasure, I regret that it was not the answer that you were looking for! Please would you kindly rate my response?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No its not that, i wanted to know before i went tp sell.

No problem at all, happy to help.


Legal Eagle, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 273
Experience: Solicitor
Legal Eagle and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you