How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 11331
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I feel as i have been neglected by a public hospital, in

This answer was rated:

i feel as i have been neglected by a public hospital
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not as of yet looking for advice
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear this - what has happened as a result of the negligence?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have attached the word document here for you.

Thank you and sorry to read that - my view is there is a case of negligence against the hospital in that they breached their duty of care to you. You will need a law firm to handle the negligence case for you though - they are complex and you need their expertise to build the claim and ensure nothing is missed out.

I can recommend who are excellent - they have a good track record in negligence claims against hospitals (e.g. defective hip procedures and other medical negligence matters). They are based in Dublin and Carlow - I'm not sure where you are based?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Im based in Mayo was just wondering would it be a case where the hospital would dismiss the case saying i have no physical damages done to me. Thanks for your help its much appreciated.

Normally there would need to be a physical and/or non-physical injury (e.g. stress, a psychological injury of some sort) to claim injury damages. Reading your document though it sounds like you went through unnecessary pain and suffering?.

The first law I mentioned would probably want to see you in person which is a lot of travelling from Mayo. So I would recommend these instead :

It's worth investigating further though - I would think you would be entitled to some damages from the hospital and an apology.

Plus the levels of damages in Ireland are quite a lot higher than in the UK.

I hope this helps? If you would kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,


JimLawyer and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there was lots of pain and suffering where my own GP had to prescribe a strong injection pain killer and and course of pain killers due to the hospital not dealing with this. Im just wondering the costs of getting this case going with a solicitor though seeing as im a third year college student? Thanks and yes a 5 star rating is been given. Thanks