Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

Pls how can I get my status change with my child written on

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: pls how can I get my status change with my child my name is ***** ***** on the birth cert
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No I haven’t done that
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I’m in Dublin
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing pls
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

Hi How can I help?

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

I will read your question and respond

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

Sorry I have just seen that you are in Ireland so I will opt out!

Expert:  Peter Collins replied 11 days ago.

Hello - can you clarify what you are seeking here?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can we talk now pls
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 10 days ago.

Yes, how can I help?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Pls can I get my immigration status changed if my partner refuse to add my name in my child birth cert?

Have you considered applying to the court for a declaration that you are the biological parent?

Expert:  Peter Collins replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I didn't hear from you. Did you receive my reply?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Scam
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No I haven’t applied to the court
I just want to knw my fate if DNA is conducted I will be able to get my Status change through the DNA

Normally a DNA test in itself is not sufficient legal confirmation that you are a child's parent - it also doesn't give you parental responsibility (which being named on a birth certificate does).

DNA does allow you to apply to the court for a declaration which will have the same effect as you having been named on the birth certificate. It's an application for a declaration of paternity and the court can actually order that a DNA test takes place to resolve the issue if the child's mother has refused you personally.

The application form is here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/687785/c63-eng.pdf

I hope this helps?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What can I do pls

OK - the information and the application form to apply to court for the declaration is in my last message. This will give you parental responsibility.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can I get my status change through parental responsibility even though my name is ***** ***** on the child birth cert?

Getting parental responsibility puts you in the same position as if you were on the birth certificate.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay I still want to be sure if I can get stamp 4 through parental responsibility

OK - I have just noticed this is Ireland not UK so I'll have to opt out as I'm a UK lawyer. I don't know why you came through to me in the first place. Please disregard the form I sent you - a colleague in Irish law will pick this up.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay