JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I live in a shared apartment with a lady. Lately she said

Hi. I live in a shared apartment with a lady. Lately she said she doesn’t feel safe with me in the house. Early morning she sent me a text saying i should move out by the end of the day. What are my rights in such a situation? Thank You
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Im in Ireland, Cork City
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

If you simply live in her apartment as a lodger then she must give you notice - how much depends on how you pay the rent - if you pay weekly then you should have 7 days notice, if you pay monthly then a full month.

You can report her to Threshold - by email which is***@******.*** or phone: 1800 454454.

I hope this helps? If I have answered the question would you kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed.

Many thanks,

Jim

I hope this helps? If you can reply “yes”, or when you have the chance would you mind giving me a positive rating for the answer (the site will then credit me for my time). There should be a rating system at the top of the screen. Any other queries please let me know.

Many thanks,

Jim

JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Senior Associate Solicitor