JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Where can I find a list of those companies that have been

Where can I find a list of those companies that have been declared fraudulent by the EU?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Irish, I live in Ireland. I have not taken any steps to recover my lost funds yet. I am looking for those companies that have been declared fraudulent to see if I have any case. Also I have been contacted by a company called Mychargeback.com and they say their main office is in New York but they have an office in Manchester, UK. I want to ascertain the veracity of that.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it for now. I may have more questions when I know the answer to these queries.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I really need to know the answers to my questions please

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

The place to look for unauthorised or fraudulent companies would be the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK. Ireland does not have a register such as this just yet. The FCA has a list of companies in both UK and EU which (it also includes individuals too) so you can check the company via their site here:

https://register.fca.org.uk

I would not recommend you use mychargeback - aside from anything else, they are not lawyers and others have asked similar questions - the company asks you for an up front payment and then become non-responsive, similar to a scam trader.

If you have lost money, try any of these (who can act for you on a no win no fee basis) :

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button at the top of your screen to do this), I can answer follow up questions at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Senior Associate Solicitor