How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 14219
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Where can I find a list of those companies that have been

This answer was rated:

Where can I find a list of those companies that have been declared fraudulent by the EU?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Irish, I live in Ireland. I have not taken any steps to recover my lost funds yet. I am looking for those companies that have been declared fraudulent to see if I have any case. Also I have been contacted by a company called and they say their main office is in New York but they have an office in Manchester, UK. I want to ascertain the veracity of that.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it for now. I may have more questions when I know the answer to these queries.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need to know the answers to my questions please

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

The place to look for unauthorised or fraudulent companies would be the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK. Ireland does not have a register such as this just yet. The FCA has a list of companies in both UK and EU which (it also includes individuals too) so you can check the company via their site here:

I would not recommend you use mychargeback - aside from anything else, they are not lawyers and others have asked similar questions - the company asks you for an up front payment and then become non-responsive, similar to a scam trader.

If you have lost money, try any of these (who can act for you on a no win no fee basis) :

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button at the top of your screen to do this), I can answer follow up questions at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,


JimLawyer, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 14219
Experience: Senior Associate Solicitor
JimLawyer and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you