Naheed Akhtar
Naheed Akhtar,
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

As an Irish citizen having been granted that via Irish born

As an Irish citizen having been granted that via Irish born grandmother how can I give the Nationality to my children? And husband ?
Children are 8 ,6and 3 !
Currently living in the Uk ! What are the steps to take ? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes I am wanting help on this plz

Further to your question, please find enclosed the guidance in relation to whether you can register your children.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/irish_citizenship_through_birth_or_descent.html

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My child’s grandmother who not born in Ireland was an Irish citizen though at the time of my sons birth !
Can my child claim citizenship from her ?

Further to your question your child cannot claim Irish Citizenship from their grandmother as she was not born in Ireland.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about on me I had made my application while I was pregnant but the babies came early and the actual document took longer than expected to come back is there any way at all I can give them citizenship thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great grandmother was born in Ireland grand mother took it from her mother and now I have it too I’d love to find a way for my kids to take it as well

Further to your question, you can only apply once a child is born rather than when your pregnant.

Unfortunately, based on the guidelines you children are not eligible to apply however you could write to them explaining the circumstances and they may be able to assist you. I enclose herewith the link,

https://www.dfa.ie/citizenship/

Kind Regards

Naheed Akhtar,
Experience: Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors