Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
23403904

I have some questions but first I'd like to know how this

Customer Question

Hello I have some questions but first I'd like to know how this site works, is it a paid service?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: what is the cost?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: ok here is my question i am a canadian citizen in ireland, what are the potential consequences of overstaying a 90-day tourist permission by 2 months?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
please continue searching and if you cannot find someone I will expect a refund of my trial membership fee
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 5 days ago.
Good afternoon, I would be more than happy to help. Is the overstay as a result of Covid?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello thank you.
Yes and no. We arrived on 30 April and my status expires 29 July. (my partner is an Italian citizen so she's fine).
If we absolutely had to, we could leave the country and hop to somewhere in Europe. We just don't have any good options at the moment, I can't bring her to Canada yet, and she can't bring me to Australia (her home country). We are engaged, but not married and have not lived together for 2 years so I think the EEU Permitted Family Member visa will not work (looked into it).
The place we're staying is very safe and good for our mental health so we would prefer to simply hang out here for an extra month or two as the world sorts itself out. I know that however won't qualify for an extension, it's not because of a hospitalization or anything official. So I just would like to know what potential consequences I could be facing if I stay for, for example, two extra months. We don't plan to settle long-term in Ireland, but may want to return next year for example. Fines, imprisonment, deportation, entry bans, trouble with future visas in Ireland, trouble in other Euro countries, etc.? Just want to know whether this is a mistake...
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 4 days ago.
The biggest problem that you are likely to face in future is simply problems on re-entry. In the current climate, given Covid, if you do face any questions in future, you could simply put it down to Covid. Even were you to apply for a visa extension, chances of getting a reply from INIS before two months is out are slim to none.

Please confirm whether your question has been answered?