Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I got a suspended sentence and a €350 Fine but I am

I got a suspended sentence and a €350 Fine but I am appealing the severity of the punishment, the date the fine was supposed to be paid by is coming up but I paid the bail bond of 150 euro , do I still have to pay the fine or can I wait for the appeal?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Dublin ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi thank you

1. You don't have to pay the fine because once you are appealing the severity of the sentence, this includes the fine. So, you don't have to pay the fine in advance of your appeal getting heard.

2. Once the appeal gets heard, then you will know what your punishment is and then you can pay any fine that is then due.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That’s very helpful thank you

3. You are welcome. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I still got a notice in the post of when the fine was to be paid and how much Is this normal

4. This is normal. You can just ignore it because your case is under appeal.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
When I go to my appeal on the severity is it likely that they may decide on a harsher punishment

5. It is highly unlikely that they will decide on a harsher punishment. Essentially, they will hear your appeal and impose a lighter sentence.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Perfect thanks that’s all my questions for now

6. You are welcome.