How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Collins Your Own Question
Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 7653
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Peter Collins is online now

Peter, In responding to the attached email letter from her

This answer was rated:

Hi Peter,
In responding to the attached email letter from her solicitor should I recommend mediation to try and show willing to discuss matters before a judge decides or will the solicitor she has try and discuss matters. I will be accepting the 2 years separation divorce petition. Just wanting to word things correctly so I show I’m being amicable as I don’t know why she’s said about unreasonable behaviour at the start.

Thanks for the question. I'll just review and revert back shortly.

It's essentially a threat to warn you off contesting the application!

If you agree to the divorce, simply reply to say that you will accept a no fault divorce base don two years' separation and provide your address for service, reiterating that you are grateful that no costs are being sought from you.

You can also add that you would be willing to attend mediation to discuss financial matters to hopefully resolve things amicably.

I hope that helps?

Thank you for your enquiry today and for your trust in our service.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Peter just puts my mind at rest knowing the best approach

My pleasure.

Peter Collins and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you