Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
101823876

Peter, In responding to the attached email letter from her

Hi Peter,
In responding to the attached email letter from her solicitor should I recommend mediation to try and show willing to discuss matters before a judge decides or will the solicitor she has try and discuss matters. I will be accepting the 2 years separation divorce petition. Just wanting to word things correctly so I show I’m being amicable as I don’t know why she’s said about unreasonable behaviour at the start.

Thanks for the question. I'll just review and revert back shortly.

It's essentially a threat to warn you off contesting the application!

If you agree to the divorce, simply reply to say that you will accept a no fault divorce base don two years' separation and provide your address for service, reiterating that you are grateful that no costs are being sought from you.

You can also add that you would be willing to attend mediation to discuss financial matters to hopefully resolve things amicably.

I hope that helps?

Thank you for your enquiry today and for your trust in our service.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Peter just puts my mind at rest knowing the best approach

My pleasure.