How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 12305
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

How can I get payment from someone who, promised to pay me,

Customer Question

How can I get payment from someone who, promised to pay me, but now won't when all the work are now completed?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 days ago.

1. In Ireland to get payment from someone who owes you money, you effectively have to sue them through the courts and get a judgment against them. There is no other way. This is because debt claims are not part of the Small Claims process. So, you should see a solicitor and see about getting legal proceedings issued against the person who owes you money for the work done. Ultimately, you will have to get judgment against them and enforce it against them.