Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

How can I get payment from someone who, promised to pay me,

Customer Question

How can I get payment from someone who, promised to pay me, but now won't when all the work are now completed?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 days ago.

1. In Ireland to get payment from someone who owes you money, you effectively have to sue them through the courts and get a judgment against them. There is no other way. This is because debt claims are not part of the Small Claims process. So, you should see a solicitor and see about getting legal proceedings issued against the person who owes you money for the work done. Ultimately, you will have to get judgment against them and enforce it against them.