How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 12379
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My mother passed away 8 and 1/2 years ago. My parents were

This answer was rated:

My mother passed away 8 and 1/2 years ago. My parents were Irish and came to live here in the 1950's. When my father passed away 12 years ago, I didn't realise that I should have applied for a widow's pension from Ireland for her. I found this out when looking through her papers after she had passed. I have applied to the Pension office in England and Ireland and after sending the documents through on at least 3 occasions I have been unable to get an answer regarding a retrospectives payment for her. I am asking if it is still possible to find out if I could claim any monies that might have been owed to her now.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. I regret to say that there is no such thing as getting a retrospective payment for a Widow's Pension for your mother. Essentially, the claim for her Widow's Pension died with your mother 8.5 years ago. It was up to her to apply for this payment during her lifetime. It will not be possible to obtain such monies as were due to her during her lifetime now, I regret to say.

Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you