Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I do have court next week, cause of 7th April 2020 i bought

Customer Question

hi, i do have court next week, cause of 7th April 2020 i bought car from my neigborhood and was driving home, aprox 200 meter, for my unlucky day there was a check point and garda seized my car, there was no insurance, no tax, and for me was impossible to prove i am new owner cause i was just about to send log book to rename.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: after i received log book i collect my car from gardai parking and pay fine. afterwards i insure my car , but after few months i wasnt able to pay more cause i have to help my family members back in czech cause of covid 19 situation,so my policy was stopped. now i am not driving car anymore
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I Dont have anything more in this case to say
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 days ago.

1. The first thing I would advise you is to get a good Road Traffic Solicitor to represent you in court as it will mean a reduced sentence on each of the counts you face before the court. The second thing is that you need to realise that driving with no insurance normally attracts a fine of 3,000 euros and a driving ban of one year. For no tax, you will face a fine of about 800 euro. However, if you plead your case properly, you will not attract any penalty for no being able to show you were the owner of the car. The third thing I would suggest is that you present yourself properly in court, preferably in a suit and appear respectable as the opinion of the District Judge often depends upon the view he takes of the Defendant. However, you should seek to put your best appearance on and be legally represented to get the best results from the court case.