Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have an employment tribunal coming up for discrimination

Customer Question

I have an employment tribunal coming up for discrimination at work, can you advise me how much i should ask for with acas conciliator? After brief summary of my case?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 19 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 19 days ago.

1. Essentially, you should look for the amount of money you lost because of the discrimination. Normally, an employment tribunal will award an amount equivalent to six months to one year in lost wages together with any amount the claimant lost because of the discrimination, such as notice periods, personal injury, distress and upset. It would also be helpful if you got the assistance of a union rep or solicitor in taking your case. However, there is no reason why you cannot take it yourself. However, in your question you don't set out what type of discrimination case it is or what loss you have suffered. Essentially the amount of damages you should claim depends upon the type of discrimination you suffered and the consequential losses you suffered as a result.