How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 12865
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I have an employment tribunal coming up for discrimination

Customer Question

I have an employment tribunal coming up for discrimination at work, can you advise me how much i should ask for with acas conciliator? After brief summary of my case?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 19 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 19 days ago.

1. Essentially, you should look for the amount of money you lost because of the discrimination. Normally, an employment tribunal will award an amount equivalent to six months to one year in lost wages together with any amount the claimant lost because of the discrimination, such as notice periods, personal injury, distress and upset. It would also be helpful if you got the assistance of a union rep or solicitor in taking your case. However, there is no reason why you cannot take it yourself. However, in your question you don't set out what type of discrimination case it is or what loss you have suffered. Essentially the amount of damages you should claim depends upon the type of discrimination you suffered and the consequential losses you suffered as a result.