MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My question is in relation to definition of 'Live Music' in

My question is in relation to definition of 'Live Music' in Irish law. I work as a Dj and Failte Ireland have a new guideline now saying 'No Live music No Loud music No performance element allowed' this is in relation to the spread of covid virus. When I Dj I play pre recorded music music which has already been made so it is not Live music. Ai***** *****, Ireland.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Related to Republic of Ireland so it relates to Irish law.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I contacted free legal aid/Citizens Advice Bureau but no clarity given still non the wiser
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: So i was to Dj this July and August a busy time of the year for couples weddings but now this is in question I have contacted couples and they dont know either if I will be allowed to dj at their wedding.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
happy to wait s few days with this also looking for a definition of what is Loud Music . Thanks.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ok thanks.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please if you can continue looking

Hi good evening. I am happy to assist.

We have had a number of calls about this recently and extremely frustrating. I myself am going to a wedding in two weeks time and no DJ is permitted either.

The extent of what the government has released at this time is that under guidance released by Fáilte Ireland, live music will not be allowed at indoor or outdoor facilities serving food and drinks. Loud music is also not permitted at these facilities. Which would include a DJ service.

Government sources have indicated that the Fáilte Ireland guidelines could be modified which will reopen live music events – large and small – in June. However further dates for this occurring have not been released. One would hope that this will be released prior to July and August.

MARTINT330,
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Martin , Ok do there is no legal definition of either live music or loud music . I have lost upcoming wedding work for June and July and August and September which are my busy months for weddings. I got another email from Failte Ireland today and they said I can direct a legal letter to the minister. If I wish for a political representation or directly to the arts division and current guidelines will be reviewed 5 th July . Would it be worth my while to direct a legal letter to the minister ? Thanks . Aidan

Hi Aidan. Yes it would be worthwhile directing a letter to the minister as the guidance has not been clear and there are many in your position. The more people take such action the more likely we are to get further, more concise and clear direction from government. Also, do you know your local TD?

Tried calling there Aidan but there was no answer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am based in Ireland 00353876383781

Nice to speak to you there Aidan. Let me know how you get on in the morning. If you can leave a review when you receive an email it really helps my ratings.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Martin, Payment of 51e left my account so payment complete. I contacted Minister ***** ***** and left a voice message asking for a review date for current guidelines with regards ***** ***** policy of Failte Ireland. Thanks. Aidan

Excellent. Thanks Aidan.