JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I was sold a timeshare package by RCI and was mislead by

Customer Question

I was sold a timeshare package by RCI and was mislead by them as they told me I could use my points to purchase flights, which was not possible as they changed this 12 years earlier and they are now looking for payment even though I have never used it since buying it in 2018
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have written and complained regarding the lies I was told but these complaints were ignored
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was also told if the package did not suit me that I would be able to sell it which wasn't true
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. We are an internet forum and not a law firm, we can give information and guidance - you will need a law firm for this dispute and I will give you details shortly, in addition my thoughts on where you stand - I will set out my written answer shortly.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 days ago.

Many others are in the same situation - there are a lot of mis-sold timeshares around and they charge exorbitant fees to exit. Ideally, a law firm who specialises in timeshare claims should be instructed to stand the best chance of getting out of this at no cost. I am not sure if you were subject to pressure-selling, though these companies usually do this - they invite you to a lengthy meeting and they tempt you to pay a large up front fee - typical sales tactics. If the timeshare was not mis-sold then you may be bound to the terms and conditions meaning an exit fee is payable if you terminate. In your case though it is clear that you were mis-sold so you have a case in my view.

As I say above, JustAnswer cannot act for you as this is an internet forum, not a law firm, but any of the following should be able to assist you on a no win no fee agreement (nothing to pay up front) :

1. https://www.lindermyers.co.uk/for-you/dispute-resolution/timeshare-disputes

2. https://www.oakwoodsolicitors.co.uk/service/timeshares

3. https://sarahwaddingtonsolicitors.co.uk

4. https://www.timeshare-solicitor.co.uk

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 days ago.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,
Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 days ago.

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,

Jim