MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I've booked a holiday for our family to travel to antalya.

Customer Question

Hi. I've booked a holiday for our family to travel to antalya. The trip was meant to happen 1st of May 2020 however it was cancelled due to pandemic.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have immediately applied for a full refund but the company have refused my claim and issued me with travel voucher and said we could ask for a refund after 31st of May 2021. I have sent an email on 2nd of June 2021 and rang several times but theres no answer.
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There were 2 rooms booked with alpharooms. One for our family and one for our parents. Not sure if it would be treated as two separate claims or one. Because my partners parents were flying from South Africa, I've put my father in law on one of the accommodation vouchers as they were meant to arrive there first on that day. Thank you
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello I am happy to help with your enquiry today. Have you got an ATOL certificate?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Good evening. I have just checked Alpharooms website and it states 'alpharooms is fully bonded with ATOL our number is *****'
https://www.alpharooms.com/blog/what-is-atol-protection

Have they given you a copy of the certificate relating to this booking as the type of certificate has an impact on your rights?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry, I am not able to cover the amount required for the telephone call at the moment. Is it possible to communicate here please?

Yes it is indeed. In order to assess, we would need copies of the terms and conditions of both alpha rooms and also the other company. ATOL certificates are also needed. If you attach these I am happy to review.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Good evening, you may have another remedy available to you. You could make a section 75  claim, you need to contact your credit card company (you can still claim on an account that's closed) not Visa, Mastercard or Amex. So if you've got a HSBC Mastercard, you claim from HSBC, not Mastercard.

Remember this is a legal right.

Is there anything else I can help with this evening?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. When you receive an email, could you leave a review? It really helps my ratings.