Republic of Ireland Law
Ask a Republic of Ireland Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.
1. You should go to the Gardai and make a formal complaint about each incident because each of these is a criminal offence. Getting cut by a knife or getting attacked by a hammer both constitute an assault. Calling someone a child abuser is also defamatory and abuse which the Gardai can deal with also as libel is a criminal offence as well. So, you should go to your local Garda station and make a complaint about your son´s brother.
2. If you require any clarification about the answer or if there is anything you would like dealt with in your question, I am happy to help further with additional information.
3. I know you might not want to involve the Gardai, but it is best before you get seriously injured, or there is a repeat occurrence.
4. Don´t worry about calling. Not everyone can afford that option. I actually find Text is a better method.
5. You are welcome to the advice. Glad to be of assistance. Have a good evening.