How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 13114
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I hope you can help me ,about 5 weeks ago my son brother

This answer was rated:

i hope you can help me ,about 5 weeks ago my son brother accused me of holding his head underwaterm and took a knife out and cut me and this morning he attack me with a hammer and then start shouting child melster sorry if my spelling is ot good what can i do abou it
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: irwland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no nothing at all as far as i know i haven't been contac by anyone
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thats all i know
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I thought it would take 8 minutes so I was told

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1.  You should go to the Gardai and make a formal complaint about each incident because each of these is a criminal offence.  Getting cut by a knife or getting attacked by a hammer both constitute an assault.  Calling someone a child abuser is also defamatory and abuse which the Gardai can deal with also as libel is a criminal offence as well.  So, you should go to your local Garda station and make a complaint about your son´s brother.

2.  If you require any clarification about the answer or if there is anything you would like dealt with in your question, I am happy to help further with additional information.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't want to my son lives there I don't want to get him into an trouble, but if you say so I'll go I thank you for your God bless

3.  I know you might not want to involve the Gardai, but it is best before you get seriously injured, or there is a repeat occurrence.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm sorry I can't call you I'm on disability don't have the money but I thank you for your help.

4.  Don´t worry about calling. Not everyone can afford that option.  I actually find Text is a better method.

5.  You are welcome to the advice.  Glad to be of assistance.  Have a good evening.

Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thank you very good solicitor Buachaill