How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 201
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

My question is: I made an order from USA of a vape and 2

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My question is: I made an order from USA of a vape and 2 cartridges but it was seized(the cartridges). I received a letter from Revenue saying I may contest… I’d like to know what that means…
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Republic of Ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want the CBD vape to help my anxiety conditional and according to the website there no thc(it says “nondetectable” levels of THC).

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’m ok to wait to the right one.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In the letter says I have 25days from now… to contest. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kind regards

Hello I am happy to help with your enquiry this evening. If I do not respond immediately rest assured I will when next online.

What have the revenue said in the letter. Have the impounded the goods or are they charging additional taxes? What is the issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (GSQT13M)

Thanks. I will review this later this evening.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tks. I’d link again… that appear but desapear about make a call?Anyway… we talk soon.

Would you like a phone call?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I never used this website, I didn’t understand the message appear about the phone call but I guess is an option…I can have the phone call if necessary.

You need to within 30 days from the date of the notice of seizure give notice in writing to the Commissioners of a claim  that the goods seized are not liable. Your notice of claim shall specify your full name and address and the basis on which the claim is grounded and, If, on the expiration of a 30 days, no notice of claim has been given, the items seized shall be deemed to have been duly condemned as forfeited, and the forfeiture shall apply from the date when the liability to forfeiture arose.

Would you like some help to draft the Notice of Claim?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

no problem, bear with me a moment I will send you a proposal.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No problem.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I call you please?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would be that possible I call you Martin?

Yes, bear with me. I will ask customer service to send you a call request.

Hello, they seem to have been unable to offer the call. I am happy to assist further on here.

When you don’t agree with the seizure of your items by Border Force, you have the right to challenge the legality of their actions.

You’ll need to complete a Notice of Claim detailing the items concerned, why you are making a challenge.

Once the Notice of Claim has been received, the body concerned begins ‘condemnation proceedings’ in court. Here it is decided whether or not their actions were legal - it is not action taken against you as the owner of the goods, but does require your attendance at the court hearing.

You’ll need to swear on oath that you own these goods, and explain why you think it was wrong to seize them. The authority concerned presents their evidence, and a decision is then made by the court.

A notice of Claim Document can be requested from *****@******.***

Satisfied Customers: 201
Experience: Expert
MARTINT330 and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you

Is there anything else I can help with this evening?