Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I’m just wondering if I’ve got a cigar marker in the UK and

Customer Question

Hello, I’m just wondering if I’ve got a cigar marker in the UK and I want to move back to the Republic of Ireland would that affect me getting a bank in Ireland?
JA: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Province in Ireland is Leinster
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No criminal convictions or anything like that just a marker on my name and I’m getting it hard to open an account in the uk so I might have to move home to get back with a bank
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that’s all thanks
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I’ve just noticed it says Cigar marker sorry it was supposed to say Cifas
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 19 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I’m ok with waiting for an awnser
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 17 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

CIFAS is a UK database so it should not affect you in the Republic of Ireland, you can see member organisations here: https://www.cifas.org.uk/services/national-fraud-database/national-fraud-database-members

I trust this assists