Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Question relates to work permits and redundancy in Ireland,

Customer Question

Question relates to work permits and redundancy in Ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Dates have been fixed and consultation in progress
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: At the time of the redundancy, I will be three months away from being able to apply for my Stamp 4 What are my options
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  retireddebra replied 21 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be working on your question today and I am looking forward to our conversation.

Please note that I am working from my computer and not actually texting. If you don’t answer back for a while I may not be online when you do but I will never desert you and will check back often. As well, as I am working from home it is possible that I will be interrupted but I will always return back as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi Deb Deb
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
In a bit of a bind so needed advice
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have a Critical Skills Employment Permit which I would have used for 18months as at the time my redundancy should come to play in November
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
By law, I am 3 months away from conversion to a Stamp 4 which enables me to work without permit
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
My initial assumption is that since the contract breach is no fault of mine, all I need to do is to get a relevant contract job within same field to see out the rest of my permit period
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
However, I am being told I would need to get another full 24month job offer, pay the €1000 permit fee and wait the 12 week minimum processing time
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
This puts me in an impossible position hence the advice request
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thx and sorry for my long rant

I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

I have asked the site to move this to the UK lol list for you. It is currently on the Canada law list in error.