How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 3755
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Question relates to work permits and redundancy in Ireland,

Customer Question

Question relates to work permits and redundancy in Ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Dates have been fixed and consultation in progress
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: At the time of the redundancy, I will be three months away from being able to apply for my Stamp 4 What are my options
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  retireddebra replied 21 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be working on your question today and I am looking forward to our conversation.

Expert:  retireddebra replied 21 days ago.

Please note that I am working from my computer and not actually texting. If you don’t answer back for a while I may not be online when you do but I will never desert you and will check back often. As well, as I am working from home it is possible that I will be interrupted but I will always return back as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi Deb Deb
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
In a bit of a bind so needed advice
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have a Critical Skills Employment Permit which I would have used for 18months as at the time my redundancy should come to play in November
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
By law, I am 3 months away from conversion to a Stamp 4 which enables me to work without permit
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
My initial assumption is that since the contract breach is no fault of mine, all I need to do is to get a relevant contract job within same field to see out the rest of my permit period
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
However, I am being told I would need to get another full 24month job offer, pay the €1000 permit fee and wait the 12 week minimum processing time
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
This puts me in an impossible position hence the advice request
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thx and sorry for my long rant
Expert:  retireddebra replied 21 days ago.

I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

I have asked the site to move this to the UK lol list for you. It is currently on the Canada law list in error.