Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Inherintance tax due in october and the solicitor is

inherintance tax due in october and the solicitor is stalling in compleeting of the will.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in co kerry
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: probate has been compleeted three month's ago.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: part of the funds from the estate are withheld by the solicitor and some in the exector's account.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1.  You should formally write to the executor and call upon the executor to distribute the funds in the estate.  If the solicitor is the problem, then you can make a complaint to the Legal Services Regulatory Authority who have disciplinary jurisdiction over solicitors in Ireland. www.lsra.ie  However, the funds should be paid out by the executor as the solicitor ought to act at the instigation of the executor.  Ultimately, the LSRA can force the solicitor to pay out the funds.

2.  If you require any clarification or if there is additional information you wish to share, I will be happy to assist further in the resolution of your question.