MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

If I flee to Ireland with a Irish passport, if a person has

If I flee to Ireland with a Irish passport, if a person has a warent for them in UK, they will will they be sent back to UK
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not clear
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I prefer speaking over phone

Hi I am happy to help today.

Extradition means the transfer of someone from one country to another for the purpose of prosecution or punishment for an offence of which they have been convicted. In general, extradition is only possible if there is an extradition agreement between the two countries in question.

This means that Ireland must have an agreement with the other country before someone can be extradited to or from Ireland. Individual countries also have specific rules about extradition. For example, Ireland does not allow extradition for the purposes of investigation of a criminal offence only.

If you want to request a call I am happy to give you a call later this evening.

Is there anything else I can help with?

Thank you for your enquiry.