How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 202
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

My husband and I are carers in the Republic of Ireland. Last

This answer was rated:

My husband and I are foster carers in the Republic of Ireland. Last week, I was in the UK, my drink was spiked and i was assaulted. I attended the police and sexual assault unit over in the UK, and again in Cork when I got back. We have given Tusla consent to contact the units in Cork, and they also spoke with our GP - all of which verified that this horrendous assault had taken place. Tusla are demanding that I supply them with the details of the police officer in the UK that I spoke with that night and they want the official report of what took place. They have removed the three brothers from us - these boys have been in our care for 5 years and have known no other family or safety in that time. Obviously, I do not want Tusla to have such personal, intimate details about what happened to me. My question is : Do Tusla have the right to request such information?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Tipperary
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that's everything

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We are happy to continue to wait.Thank you,Anne-Marie
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Nicola,I would like an answer, please.Thank you,Anne-Marie

Hello I am happy to help this morning. As I understand it you have given them consent to the documents held in Ireland. You should send them an email with the following wording provided you are happy with the same. "I note I have received a demand to supply details of the police officer in the UK. The information you request is of a very personal nature, it is for this reason I request that you refer to the legislation under which this information is required and for what purpose. I am available to discuss further should you require and look forward to hearing from you."

I hope this helps. Is there anything else I can help with this morning?

Thanks very much for your enquiry. We are always here to help.

Satisfied Customers: 202
Experience: Expert
MARTINT330 and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is excellent advice, thank you.

No problem. We are always here to help.