MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My husband and I are carers in the Republic of Ireland. Last

My husband and I are foster carers in the Republic of Ireland. Last week, I was in the UK, my drink was spiked and i was assaulted. I attended the police and sexual assault unit over in the UK, and again in Cork when I got back. We have given Tusla consent to contact the units in Cork, and they also spoke with our GP - all of which verified that this horrendous assault had taken place. Tusla are demanding that I supply them with the details of the police officer in the UK that I spoke with that night and they want the official report of what took place. They have removed the three brothers from us - these boys have been in our care for 5 years and have known no other family or safety in that time. Obviously, I do not want Tusla to have such personal, intimate details about what happened to me. My question is : Do Tusla have the right to request such information?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Tipperary
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that's everything

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We are happy to continue to wait.Thank you,Anne-Marie
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Nicola,I would like an answer, please.Thank you,Anne-Marie

Hello I am happy to help this morning. As I understand it you have given them consent to the documents held in Ireland. You should send them an email with the following wording provided you are happy with the same. "I note I have received a demand to supply details of the police officer in the UK. The information you request is of a very personal nature, it is for this reason I request that you refer to the legislation under which this information is required and for what purpose. I am available to discuss further should you require and look forward to hearing from you."

I hope this helps. Is there anything else I can help with this morning?

Thanks very much for your enquiry. We are always here to help.

MARTINT330,
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is excellent advice, thank you.

No problem. We are always here to help.