Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I aplying for Irish citizenship would it be quicker for me

I aplying for Irish citizenship would it be quicker for me to fly out and apply in person thru you’re office thank you
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Liverpool I need it as quick as possible if there is any quicker way il do it
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: filledthe paperwork in sent birth marriage death certificates off
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: thats it

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. I regret to say that there are substantial delays of up to six months in applying for an Irish passport.  These delays have arisen because of staff working remotely during Covid.  So, there is no quick way of getting an Irish passport issued for the first time.  It is not possible at the moment to attend in person at the Passport Office in Dublin and to get a passport issued when you are there in person.  This is because the main Passport Office in Lower Mount Street in Dublin  is closed due to Covid restrictions.

2.  Here is a link to the Irish Passport Office where it sets this out Location / Opening Hours - Department of Foreign Affairs (dfa.ie)

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there a quicker way please

3.  I regret to say that there is no other alternative at the moment other than to apply by post in the usual way.  The application will then get dealt with in its turn.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How long is the wait for citizenship and passport on average

4.  At the moment three to six months because of the delays at the Passport Office in Dublin.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for you’re help JB

5.  You are welcome.  Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.  However, this is due to the situation with the Passport Office in Dublin at the moment.