Republic of Ireland Law
Ask a Republic of Ireland Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.
1. I regret to say that there are substantial delays of up to six months in applying for an Irish passport. These delays have arisen because of staff working remotely during Covid. So, there is no quick way of getting an Irish passport issued for the first time. It is not possible at the moment to attend in person at the Passport Office in Dublin and to get a passport issued when you are there in person. This is because the main Passport Office in Lower Mount Street in Dublin is closed due to Covid restrictions.
2. Here is a link to the Irish Passport Office where it sets this out Location / Opening Hours - Department of Foreign Affairs (dfa.ie)
3. I regret to say that there is no other alternative at the moment other than to apply by post in the usual way. The application will then get dealt with in its turn.
4. At the moment three to six months because of the delays at the Passport Office in Dublin.
5. You are welcome. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. However, this is due to the situation with the Passport Office in Dublin at the moment.