Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

What is the law to make a offer with a landlord to pay the

Customer Question

Hi - What is the law to make a offer with a landlord to pay the difference of the value of a house and the value left of the mortgage - and agreeing a deal wheere the tenant then has a fixed period of time to gain a mortgage for the outstanding amount on the landlords mortgage
JA: What steps has the tenant taken so far? Have they prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: None valuations of the house are currently been undertaken
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 15 days ago.
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 15 days ago.

1.  There is no particular law regarding financing a property purchase with part puchase price and part mortgage, except that the purchaser needs to safeguard his position by getting it in writing that the title will get transferred over when the transaction is completed.  So, you should see a solicitor if you are engaged in this type of transaction and be sure to get the title transferred when the mortgage is obtained by the purchaser.  The solicitor will draw up a contract for the sale of the property and title will get transferred when the purchaser obtains their mortgage.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 15 days ago.

2.  If there is any aspect of the transaction you need to ask about, I will be happy to assist further in the resolution of your Question.