MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I have just been served with a protection order, without

Customer Question

I have just been served with a protection order, without just cause, from my ex-partner who wants the children. I am not allowed to speak or see them. What should |i do?
JA: Was a protective order issued? What were the basic terms?
Customer: Domestic violence Act, but I have not seen him or spoken to him for 2 years and they children have always lived here with me.
JA: Is there ongoing abuse or harassment? Were the police called?
Customer: I have no contact with him at all
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My son assaluted me on Sunday and the police was called and while I was interviwed at the Garda station their dad came and took them. My son is 18 and my daughter 15
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

To give you an overview, a protection order is similar to a safety order, meaning that you will remain in the home, but are ordered not to use violence, threats, or molestation. Usually, the court can grant a protection order to prohibit (ban) the person accused of the abusive behaviour from:

• Using or threatening to use violence
  • If the person is not living with you, watching, or being near your home
  • Following or communicating with you or a dependent person

Essentially, the protection order is temporary and only effective until the court hearing for the application for a safety order. It is valid until the victim withdraws it.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.