JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I was terribly embarrassed and thrown out of a public bar. I

Customer Question

I was terribly embarrassed and thrown out of a public bar. I was called a misogonistic prick by a barman in front of the whole beer garden
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cork
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I asked a girl to show us her tits and a jealous woman in her sixties took it to the extremes. It was only a joke that went horribly wrong and I am the one that paid for 15 minutes of total embarrassment
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.
Hello, this is Jim and thanks for the question.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.
Are you asking if you deserve an apology / compensation?. Were the Gardai involved?
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.
I’d say given the facts and assuming you don’t have a disability of some sort, I don’t see any claim in your favour. If you were treated differently due to a disability then you could sue for damages under equality laws but this sounds more like a situation in a bar which got out of hand. I don’t see a defamation claim either, given the facts. I don’t think the court would accept you should be awarded damages either though this is just my honest opinion. If you want to ask for a second opinion then it’s no extra charge on this site.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.
I hope this helps
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** good day. Jim
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I got an apology from the bar, all water under the bridge now, thanks
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.
Hi there, thanks. That's good to hear. Have a good day. 

Jim