Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have a summons to appear in court for non display of tax

Customer Question

I have a summons to appear in court for non display of tax disc. Due to personal error I left it it to late to pay the fine. The court s portaoise and I work in ringaskiddy . Can I send representation f do I need to be there myself to explain
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Republic of Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I attempted to pay fine to avoid court appearance but I was too late. The last date had lapsed since day before
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 18 days ago.
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 18 days ago.

1.  You can get a solicitor to attend court on your behalf and make any representations you wish to make.  There is no need to turn up yourself if you have a solicitor attend on your behalf.  So, you should get a solicitor in Portlaoise to attend on y our behalf and make any repesentations on your behalf.  This is perfectly acceptable.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you. Would they need my drivers license or copy as I will be some distance away
Expert:  Buachaill replied 17 days ago.

2.  They won't need your driver's licence or a copy as the case involves you tax disc.  However, you can supply a faxed copy to the solicitor.