How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 13943
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I have a summons to appear in court for non display of tax

Customer Question

I have a summons to appear in court for non display of tax disc. Due to personal error I left it it to late to pay the fine. The court s portaoise and I work in ringaskiddy . Can I send representation f do I need to be there myself to explain
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Republic of Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I attempted to pay fine to avoid court appearance but I was too late. The last date had lapsed since day before
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 18 days ago.
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 18 days ago.

1.  You can get a solicitor to attend court on your behalf and make any representations you wish to make.  There is no need to turn up yourself if you have a solicitor attend on your behalf.  So, you should get a solicitor in Portlaoise to attend on y our behalf and make any repesentations on your behalf.  This is perfectly acceptable.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you. Would they need my drivers license or copy as I will be some distance away
Expert:  Buachaill replied 17 days ago.

2.  They won't need your driver's licence or a copy as the case involves you tax disc.  However, you can supply a faxed copy to the solicitor.