Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Hallo: How can I help? My question is about bankruptcy, 31

Hallo my name is*****: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My question is about bankruptcy
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: 31 Cabra Park Dublin 7
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: What do you mean with this
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Your question, When you bankrupt in Ireland and you have transferred an asset within five years prior bankruptcy, the asset can be over turned, when the bankrupt cannot prove that He was solvent at the time of transaction.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes. I have transfered ma asset to my son, but it is more then five years before I make bankruptcy. Can in this case the asset also be over turned, because the five year period is over. Thats my only question
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1. Dear *****f, if the transfer of the asset to your son was made more than five years before your bankruptcy, then it cannot be set aside and it is good in law.  So, you have nothing to worry about in so far as the setting aside of the transfer of this asset is concerned.

2.  If you require clarification or if there is additional information you wish to share, I will be happy to assist further in the resolution of your Question.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This is the only question, I transferred my asset to my son more than five years ago. Is there a difference between to handle over the asset five years and one month, or five years and 10 month, or 6 or 7 years

3.  There is no difference between handing over an asset so long as the five years have elapsed since the date the transfer took place.  It makes no difference if it is seven years or only five years and one month so long as five years have passed bye since the transfer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** what I want to jnow

4.  You are welcome.  Glad to be of assistance.