How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2062
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I think im in abusive relathionship. Can i take my child and

Customer Question

Hi, i think im in abusive relathionship. Can i take my child and leave? I think my husband Lost his mind. Ewa
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i did Talk to a lawyer one year ago and told her what is happening. Also I was in contact with adapt house.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My husband is Pakistani and i can cleary say that he brainwashing my child. I really dont know what to do
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can i just move out and tell him that our marriage is over? Who has rights to keep child? I have No money for private solicitor. Whats my next steps?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You need to apply for divorce in that case and settle the custody of your child. You cannot take your child and leave because the father has parental responsibility for your child.

To get a divorce, you will need to satisfy the condition that you lived apart from one another for at least 2 out of the previous three years before you applied for divorce and that there is no possibility of reconciliation.

To institute the divorce, you will have to use an application form known as a Family Law Civil Bill. In this regard, you may need to get the assistance of a solicitor to fill in the forms and to represent you during the proceedings. To find one near your locality, you can use this webpage.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is his parental respondibility means making our child to do Koran ? Telling him not to eat in other ppl housees beacus pork was there? Telling him lies about me?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Whats are my rights before i will get divorce?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.
Have you considered contacting Woman’s Aid? 

Women’s Aid is a grassroots federation working together to provide life-saving services in England and build a future where domestic abuse is not tolerated.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.