How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2076
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I bought a product from the Netherlands and after returning

Customer Question

I bought a product from the Netherlands and after returning it, they have not reimbursed me.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No. I live in IRE
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent them numerous emails
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been dealing with this company for a long time as they process my customer credit card transactions.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

To give context to your enquiry, you have the right to ask for a repair, replacement, or refund if a product or service breaks, is not fit for purpose, or does not perform what the vendor or advertiser claimed it would do under consumer law. Remedies include things like repairs, replacements, and refunds. The type of remedy you're entitled to may be determined by the items in question as well as other circumstances.

However, if the problem persists or you are dissatisfied with the solution provided, file a written complaint with the vendor or supplier.

Lastly, if you are unable to settle the issue directly with the seller or are dissatisfied with their response, you may:

  • Request that the transaction is reversed from your card issuer (if you paid with a credit card or debit card). This is referred to as a chargeback. Protection schemes are also available for several additional payment types (for example, PayPal buyer protection).

  • You may use the small claims procedure to file a claim against the seller/company in the courts.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I wish to thank you for your help. The company has finally started to reply to my emails and is going to reimburse me. I will have to learn to be more patient!
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.