Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I live in Ireland. I would like to have some kind of clarity

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl, My name is ***** ***** I live in Ireland. I would like to have some kind of clarity regarding Parking Companies clamping and towing
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No have not talked to any legal adviser yet.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am living in Ireland Dublin,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My car has been missing for the last few months, and I don't have any logical explanations for where it could be. As I have parked at my apartment and locked as usual. Then the next day, it was clamped. Then I could not pay the release fee for a week, and my car was not there anymore. I am still having no clue about its whereabouts. However, a parking permit and clamping company operates in our estate area. I do have the permit. I just don't know whom to ask and how to get logical information about my car.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (P12V1SV)
Expert:  Buachaill replied 8 days ago.
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 8 days ago.

1.  If you cannot get any concrete information about your car by ringing the Car Park Management company, or the clamping company then you should contact the Gardai about your car to see where it is. They will have a record of what has happened to it.  They will be able to inform you as to its whereabouts.  My best guess is that the clamping company have simply towed your car away and you simply need to deal with them to obtain the return of your car.  However, you should ring them to see if they have it.  The RFC Car Park Management company will have their number and they will be able to give you details of where to ring to find your car. Ultimately, the Gardai will know where any car towed off the street has gone to.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 8 days ago.

2.  If you require clarification or if there is additional information you wish to share, I will be happy to assist further in the resolution of your Question.