How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2037
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

Ireland, None, I need social system advice

Customer Question

JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ireland
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I need social system advice
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
You don't know my question yet!
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 4 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 4 days ago.

May I ask for a brief description of your scenario at the moment? Please bear with me as I will reply shortly once the circumstances have been narrated. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The father of my children wants to join my housing application. I was made an offer last week by the council. He helps me a lot with the kids one and three years old. I have a walking disability for 4 years now. It's handy to have him close by and jumping in but we are toxic to each other. He shouts and calls me names, short tempted. He would sometimes push me around infront of the kids. Now he says I need to put him on the application as he spends a lot of time with us. In all fairness he's slept in my home more than what I'm allowed it's 14 days as I have hap. But kids are often sick I was just recovering from long covid and I got it again. Ice days when I really need support. But I don't want to really join as I'm afraid he'll get more confident over time and start to act the maggot again. He's at bay mostly with his aggression and screaming for the past few months but I can never trust him 100%.
My question is shall I be worried about the council, shall I tell them he's helping and sometimes staying to help attend at least one child during the night? What are the risks if I add him to us? He's convinced that the council had send inspectors to look at me and they know he spends time with us and they want to extradition me and kids from Ireland because of it and that they offer me a council house based on my medical condition to pretty much somehow trap me and kick me out of Ireland after 14 years. 11 of them I worked 2 jobs non stop and paid everything in tax and over tax.
Please help me whet to do? I just want a secure home for the kids and me I want to be and get better and I'm doing it but it's slow process. I don't want to be in situatio where I can't kick their father out when he crosses the lines. But I can not be completely alone too. On a bad day and recently I've plenty I've pains and aches on full body and my left leg cuts off its like its not there, so I can't completely cut the father off either. Please help.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 3 days ago.
Good morning, I am not always online but rest assured, if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

In this situation, the decision will usually depend on your discretion. If you think your husband can help you, you can include him. There will be risk involved if you'll be in a joint tenancy with him. Once you have a joint tenancy and your relationship with your joint tenant (husband) has broken down, either of you may remove the name from the tenancy agreement with the local authority or housing association.

If your joint tenant agrees to have their name removed, the local authority or housing association will do this. However, if they refuse to have their name removed, it is more complicated, and you will have to provide evidence that the relationship has broken down.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
When can I add him if I do? I've refused the first offer and am about to apply for choice based letting tomorrow. If I add him before getting property will this change my number on list? If I don't how soon after I can add him without trouble
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 3 days ago.

Unfortunately, you'll have to discuss this with your local authority. I'd advise contacting them today.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I'm in hospital woth my eldest. He's in my home woth my baby... I had an appointment with citizen information but can't attend as I mentioned. I will further investigate myself with council and CI. Thank you for your time!
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 3 days ago.

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further enquiries in the future. We are always happy to help.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Great thanks again and gave a great week
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 3 days ago.
You too. Have a nice day.