Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My maintenance was suddenly lowered by 50% 2 days prior to a

Customer Question

My maintenance was suddenly lowered by 50% 2 days prior to a court hearing and the ex wants to also claim guardianship over my eldest daughter even though she is not biologically his. If he lived in the house on and off for 11 years - can he do this? I have a sole guardianship affidavit on her and he never married me or adopted her.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
He is also not on the birth certificate either
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 5 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question. I’ll do my best to assist you and provide an accurate and speedy response. Please bear with me as this is an email service and not live chat, replies will not be instant as a result. Also note that the discussions here are for general information purposes only and do not constitute a lawyer client relationship.

Let me just review your query and I’ll come back to you with any points I need clarifying in order to be able to answer.

Can you please clarify if this is a UK matter? You have come through to the UK expert site.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Irish law ty
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’m in Dublin, Ireland but I think we have similar laws
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
He told the judge he had not received my maintenance summons or dispense with signature for a child’s renewal of passport summons but he had received it and the judge didn’t accept that he hadn’t however he adjourned the hearing to 3 Oct to give him extra time
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
There was domestic abuse and I have a criminal complaint on him lodged - he has breached the current court order three times by contacting two minors by WhatsApp

Thank you for all of the information. Though the laws are similar, as Im not qualified in Ireland Ill have to opt out for another expert to assist you.

No need to reply to this message, another expert will message you when they have picked it up. I'll also ask that this is moved to ROI law.